Choosing the right personal injury lawyer is one of the most important steps you will take when pursuing compensation for your injuries. You should ensure that your lawyer will be able to represent you effectively so that you receive all of the compensation necessary for your recovery.
If you are searching for a personal injury lawyer in Hawaii, there are certain factors you should look for to make sure that you choose the personal injury lawyer that is right for you:
- Select an attorney that is experienced with personal injury cases - By choosing a lawyer that is experienced in personal injury claims, you can be sure that he or she they will know how to handle your case. Not all attorneys are familiar with the nuances associated with civil litigation and personal injuries.
- Select a lawyer with an effective track record - Make sure your attorney is capable of taking your case to trial. Unfortunately, not all personal injury attorneys are trial attorneys and some are simply interested in quickly settling your case. Your best chance of maximizing your compensation is for the defense lawyers to know that your personal injury attorney can and will take your case to trial.
- Select a lawyer who has years of experience - Your personal injury lawyer should have many years of experience handling a wide variety of personal injury cases.
- Select a personal injury lawyer that is in good standing with the bar in your area - You can visit the Hawaii State Bar Association website to confirm that the attorney you are considering is in good standing.
- Make sure your personal injury attorney has malpractice insurance - It is your right to know that your attorney has adequate malpractice insurance. If you ask your potential attorney whether he has this insurance, and he refuses to respond, simply do not hire him.
- Make sure that your personal injury attorney will take control of your compensation requests - Accident victims need time to heal. They should not be distracted by the "red tape" generated by the medical insurance industry. Your personal injury attorney should be ready and willing to assist you with these issues OR you should hire a different attorney.
If you are looking for an experienced personal injury attorney in the Honolulu, Hawaii area, contact Philip R. Brown, Attorney At Law, today by calling (808) 523-5900 or completing our online form to schedule your free initial personal injury consultation.