Phil Brown is an experienced Hawaii trial attorney. Although this firm is a boutique litigation office, we litigate against Hawaii's largest and most expensive law firms. A few of the trials that we have had in recent years include the following:
- Obtained trial verdict for distributor who was sued for allegations of fraud and breach of contract. Attorneys' fees were awarded to client following favorable trial verdict.
- Obtained trial verdict against commercial landlord who improperly attempted to evict a nightclub. Attorneys' fees were awarded to client following favorable trial verdict.
- Obtained trial verdict for real estate investor who was sued for allegations of breach of contract. Attorneys' fees were awarded to client following favorable trial verdict.
Although we can and will take a case to trial if necessary, most cases are resolved before trial through motion practice or settlement. Examples of the cases we have resolved through motion practice include the following cases:
- Obtained dismissal for lack of personal jurisdiction over foreign corporation improperly sued in Hawaii.
- Obtained summary judgment for luxury hotel improperly sued for wrongful termination by employees. Attorneys' fees awarded to client.
- Obtained summary judgment for New York residents against Hawaii real estate broker for unfair and deceptive trade practices and misappropriation of escrow funds.
- Defended foreign citizen accused of negligent hiring and negligent supervision of employee. Summary judgment obtained.
Many clients tell us that because of the expense and uncertainty of a trial, they would prefer to force a settlement. That is understandable. However, we believe that the most effective way to resolve a case is to aggressively pursue your case. Your attorney should be capable of taking your case to trial, if need be.
The Law Offices of Philip R. Brown is committed to providing the highest quality legal representation of Plaintiffs and Defendants in commercial litigation and personal injury matters. Because of our legal experience we have been honored to serve as Hawaii attorney for some of the state's most well known citizens and businesses. However, we take great pride in the fact that we strive to treat all of our clients with the same courtesy and respect.
We understand that even the most modest cases are still the most important legal matters that you may ever be involved in. We are also very proud of the fact that as a full service Hawaii law firm, we have recovered millions of dollars for our clients.
No matter what claim you may have, Honolulu trial lawyer Phil Brown is ready to do what it takes to help you recover compensation and defend you in court. Contact us in Honolulu, Hawaii today through our online form or by phone at (808) 523-5900 to schedule a free initial consultation.